This blog post delves into the strategic role of Dynamics 365 project managers, highlighting their responsibilities and daily tasks, including project planning, team coordination, stakeholder
Your comprehensive guide to understanding the functional integrations of Microsoft 365 Copilot into existing Microsoft applications and how this revolutionary AI enabled productivity tool is
This blog serves to give you an in-depth understanding of the role of a Microsoft D365 Supply Chain Management Consultant, from daily duties to the
Explore the benefits associated with Avantiico’s Live Services for D365 customer engagement, fro both an economic level as well as a strategic one. Introduction Modern
The order holds functionality is officially part of the Call Center module, but some features can be used without this module. The below blog is written assuming the Call Center module is not enabled.
Set up all Order holds required in Sales and marketing -> Setup -> Sales orders -> Order hold codes.
Set up optional parameters for each Hold code as follows:
Optionally, set up the default note type in Accounts receivable parameters -> General link -> Sales fast tab -> Note type field.
To place an order on hold to prevent document posting (Confirmation/Picking list/Packing slip/Invoice), do the following:
1. Drill into the Sales order by double clicking on the order in the Sales order list page.
2. On the Sales order tab, click on ‘Order holds’.
3. Manually create a new hold by clicking on New or pressing Ctrl+N.
Enter or select the Hold code and any Hold notes as shown below. Comments can also be entered in the header in Order hold header ‘Comments’ field. The Hold user ID and Hold date/time will automatically populate.
After saving/closing the form, an active hold will be created for the order. The Active hold creates several updates on the order:
4. To clear the order hold in order to release the order for processing, from the Holds button, click on ‘Clear holds’. This will clear the order hold and enable posting of order documents (Confirmation/Pick list/Packing slip/Invoice).
5. An active order hold can also be “checked out” to indicate the order hold is being reviewed by a user. Only the User Id of the user that checked the order hold out can check the order hold back in. If necessary, this can be overridden by users with proper authorization.
From the order holds form, click on the ‘Check out’ button to check an order hold out.
To check an order back in, click on the ‘Clear checkout’ button.
6. To see a history of the order holds and releases for a specific order, including the time, date and user who cleared the hold, from the Order holds form, set the Show field = All (or Cleared).
7. To see all orders on Order hold, go to Sales and marketing -> Common -> Sales orders -> Order hold.
The default is to show ‘Active’ holds (Show = Active)
Did this article help you create and process a sales order hold? Please let us know by commenting below!
This blog post delves into the strategic role of Dynamics 365 project managers, highlighting their responsibilities and daily tasks, including project planning,
Your comprehensive guide to understanding the functional integrations of Microsoft 365 Copilot into existing Microsoft applications and how this revolutionary AI enabled
This blog serves to give you an in-depth understanding of the role of a Microsoft D365 Supply Chain Management Consultant, from daily
Discover how Avantiico helps you improve business processes, provide customers with a seamless experience and transform the way you do business.